What exactly is meant by the term “injection molding clamping unit”?
When plastic is pushed into a closed mold by injection pressure, a clamping device for an IMM is utilized to maintain the mold’s closure in the face of the pressures that are generated. It consists of a driving mechanism that can move the injection molding machine’s movable platen in at least one direction.
What Are the Three Most Common Varieties of Clamping Units Used in Injection Molding?
Some people are under the impression that there are only two different types of clamping units for injection molding, but in reality there are three.
Clamping Unit for Injection Molding of the Toggle Type :
A toggle link, a crosshead that is attached to the toggle link, and a driving device that drives the crosshead are the three components that make up a toggle clamping unit for an IMM. Injection molding at high speeds is the primary use for this material.
- Low cost and less horsepower are required to do the task.
- A constructive strategy for the mold
- Inability to accurately read the clamping force
- The clamping process is more challenging.
- Lubricant is given despite the higher level of upkeep.
- Clamping Unit for Injection Molding of the Hydraulic Type.
The mold was closed with the help of a clamping mechanism that was activated by a hydraulic cylinder that was directly linked to the movement. In a hydraulic cylinder, there are two parts, which correspond to the oil’s input and its outflow respectively.
- The pace of the clamps may be readily regulated, and support is provided at any position
- Readout of the clamping force directly.
- Simple adjustments to the clamping force, as well as straightforward mode configuration.
- Simple in its upkeep
- When compared to the toggle method, it has both a greater cost and a higher price.
- Noun positive clamp
- The Magnetic Type Clamping Unit has been the most ignored of all the many types.
The magnetic modules included within the magnetic mold clamping plates or platens are responsible for producing the clamping force. Through the use of the interface panel, the platens may be magnetized and demagnetized, molds can be clamped and changed, and mold clamping can take place.
- There is no loss of energy during the clamping process; the only time power is required is during the magnetization and demagnetization phases.
- A readout of the clamping force in real-time, together with eight safety characteristics.
- Free of required maintenance
You are welcome to visit the website of the magnetic platens manufacturer if you are interested in learning more about the most recent form of injection molding clamping unit.