What Are Effects And Why They Are Important?
If you are an avid guitar player or someone attached closely with music, then you will have quite a few reasons to find useful information in this article. Amongst various other things you certainly will be on the lookout for the best guitar multi-effects processor. These are specialized electronic devices with inbuilt circuits. They help a lot in the processing of electronic signal input from a mic or instruments. They are also referred to FX, and they play a big role in giving a new meaning to the acoustic effects as far as guitar is concerned. They help a lot in bringing in more variety and innovation to your overall sound effect which emanates from your guitar. It certainly could play a big role in the bass sound, and guitar sound look much better in musical programs and public performance. It also could help in making weird and new sounds much to the delight of the audience.
- Top 10 Best Electric Bass Guitars
- Top 10 Best Guitar Accessories
- Top 10 Best Guitar Stands
- Top 10 Best Bass Guitar Amplifiers
- Top 10 Best Guitar Amplifier Brands for Beginners
- Top 10 Best Cheap Electric Guitar Multi-effects 2020 – Review
- 10. Boss GT-100 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal – Review
- 2. DigiTech Element XP Guitar Multi Effects Pedal – Review
- 3. Boss ME25 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal – Review
- 4. Donner Wizard Digital Multi Modulation Guitar Effects Pedals – Review
- 5. Digitech TRIO Electric Guitar Multi Effect – Review
- 6. Zoom G1XN Guitar Multi Effects Pedal – Review
- 7. DigiTech RP55 Guitar Multi-Effects Processor – Review
- 8. VOX STOMPLAB2G Modeling Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal
- 9. Zoom G3X – Guitar Effects and Amplifier Simulator with Expression Pedal
- 10. Zoom G1Xon Guitar Effects Pedal with Expression Pedal
- How To Identify The Best Devices
- Previous Post
- 1. Zoom 505 II Multi-effects Electric Guitar Pedal
- 2. NUX MG-100 Electric Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal Processor EFX AMP EQ Mixer
- 3. Zoom G1Xon Guitar Effects Pedal with Expression Pedal
- 4. DigiTech RP55 Guitar Multi-Effects Processor
- 5. DigiTech RP360 Guitar Multi-Effect with USB Streaming
- 6. Digitech RP500 Guitar Multi-Effects Switching System & USB Recording Interface
- 7. VOX STOMPLAB1G Modeling Guitar Floor Multi-Effects Pedal
- 8. DigiTech ELMT Electric Guitar Multi Effect Pedal
- 9. Digitech Element XP Guitar Floor Processor Multi-Effects Pedal w/ (2) 10′ Guitar Cables
- 10. Nux MG-20 Electric Modeling Guitar Multi-Effects Floor Guitar Effects with Drum Machine and Looper Function
Top 10 Best Cheap Electric Guitar Multi-effects 2020 – Review
A Look At Ten Best Models
Now that we have some basic information about the importance of this device, we will have a look at ten different makes and models of distortion pedals which could help customers to make the right choice. It will assist the end users to make a good thing based on various parameters including functions, features, sizes, price, warranty and other such important attributes. We also will look at the pros and cons of the different makes and models thereby enabling the customers to have a holistic and complete few of the things to be kept in mind when it comes to choosing the best guitar multi-effects processor.
10. Boss GT-100 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal – Review
Coming from the house of Boss this is quality guitar pedal having a number of interesting features.
This is a pedal having advanced COSM amps, and therefore it can offer the best of tones. It also comes with improved EZ Tone which could be useful for coming out with new patches. It also comes with easy to customized OD/DS features. They help you to come out with original amps and also take care of distortion by customizing the same.
It also has a high-tech and newly developed pedal from ACCEL. This assists in the simultaneous control of various parameters. It also has quality LCD display along with backlit LCD options.
- It has quality MIDI connectors for both in and out functions.
- It features 44 effects
- It also has 400 memories, 200 pre set and 200 users defined along with USB connector.
- It offers extremely good value for money to the customers.
- A few customers have complained that it is not suitable for playing different types of drum sounds.
2. DigiTech Element XP Guitar Multi Effects Pedal – Review
This is reasonably good quality multi-effects pedal which comes with a price tag of around $100. Here is a look at some of the most important features:
It can offer 58 effects with 37 stomp boxes, 9 cabinets and 12 amps of output. It also can offer 200 presets out of which 100 are for the user to customize while the other 100 are with factory setting. It also has 45 high-quality drum patterns making it quite unique and different.
It offers 20 tones and fx bank combinations making it versatile in more ways than one. It also has built-in expression pedal, and also a quality built-in chromatic tuner. The power supply source also is included in it. The manufacturer also offers the applicable warranty and guarantee terms and conditions.
- Each element comes with a separate power source, and hence you need not waste on expensive batteries which are recurring expenses.
- It also comes with a dedicated headphone jack which is useful for practicing purposes.
- Many customers feel that it is like having a music store at their disposal.
- The buttons in some instances stop working after a few months.The sound effect also wears off with time as per the statements of few customers.
3. Boss ME25 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal – Review
Boss has been at it again. Many customers feel that it could be one of the best guitar multi effects pedals for beginners as well as experienced people. This is because of some features:
It comes with a super easy operating system consisting of three pedals plus and additional EXP pedal. Amongst other features it has memory up, down and solo features. It also has three knobs that help in real time editing and control. It offers ten variations within each option. It also has seven different types of effects groups.
It is also possible to move from contemporary to classic mode using the user-friendly interface. The sound library also helps to provide an extensive collection of tones which are ready to use.
- It helps guitarists, beginners, and experts to move easily to the next level.
- It helps users to come with their own tunes and also play covers or even rock out just like that.
- Hence it is one of the most versatile devices available in the market today.
- The cord has to be pulled out before the unit can be shut off. This is the only problem as far as this product is concerned.
4. Donner Wizard Digital Multi Modulation Guitar Effects Pedals – Review
Donner Wizard offers a quality multi-modulation guitar effects pedals which come packed with some features and functions.
It has 12 different types of modulation effects and true stereo signal processing. It comes with dual engine series that are also switchable parallel. The dry kill function is also something which sets it apart from many other such devices in the market.
Additionally, it also is popular because of its individual TAP tempo function. It can easily be switched between presets and manual modes quite easily. It has both true bypass and buffered bypass making it suitable for various situations and needs.
- It is possible to get the best possible modulation effects.
- It can combine Phaser, Flangers and other effects both in parallel sync and series.
- The input-output circuit helps to route automatically.
- Runs on battery as well as AC power.
- Customers have complained that it does not have a looper.
- It may not be able to make a different synthetic bass sound.
5. Digitech TRIO Electric Guitar Multi Effect – Review
According to many customers, it is one of the best guitar multi-effects devices in the market today. It comes with a host of interesting and exciting features as follows:
This system has seven different music genres apart from twelve song styles to choose from. It can help learn up to three song parts (different songs), and they can be recalled easily. It also has alternate half time/double time variants and adjustable tempo. Additionally, it also has drum and bass level controls.
It has a superb hands-free control device which makes use of Digitech FS3X Footswitch. This is optionally available. It also has mixer and amp output headphone. Power supply control is also included.
- It is capable of listening to the manner in which you want to play it and does so automatically.
- It has an easy plug and plays feature.
- A few customers have complained about the service standards.
- According to some customers, better models are available at the same price
6. Zoom G1XN Guitar Multi Effects Pedal – Review
This is perhaps one of the ideal candidates for the best guitar multi-effects processor because of some reasons. To begin with, it is sleep and ergonomically designed.
It has 8 effect modules coupled with 54 effect types. It also has 80 different patches out of which 40 are preset, and the rest 40 can be user defined. It boasts of the Advanced ZFX-3 processing engine which stands out in the crowd. It also has an excellent frequency response ranging from 20 Hz – 40 Hz. It features 96 kHz sampling and 32-bit signal processing and 24 bit A/D/A conversion.
It also has all new drive sounds which make it quite different from others. It is easy to operate and therefore recommended even for beginners. The best of true tube modeling can be experienced.
- Studio quality is a feature which makes it different from other models.
- It comes with an easy to carry bag.
- It works on AC and also DC power.
- Lacks built-in looper.
- The drum machine is not of the best quality according to a few customers.
7. DigiTech RP55 Guitar Multi-Effects Processor – Review
It may not be right to be misled by the small size of the processor. It has a number of attractive features.
It comes packed with 11 amp types and additionally 5 cabinet types. It also has 20 different studio quality effects making it quite versatile. Another big takeaway is the built in drum machine which comes with 30 different patterns. It is
It well and truly delivers a big punch. It is possible to get the best possible tonal options using this device. It is also famous for being very user-friendly. It uses the unique AudioDNA DSP chip which helps in producing amps and effects which are of studio quality.
- Plug and use feature which requires simply dial up and then preset effects settings.
- All settings are not run of the mill but are the result of years of experience and expertise.
- It fits the need of beginners and experienced users.
- Though it is said to be good for beginners, it leaves quite a bit to be desired regarding instructions.
- Nothing more to complain about this product.
8. VOX STOMPLAB2G Modeling Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal
If you are looking for a good multi effects pedal, then this could be a great choice. Here are some worth mentioning features:
It has one of the easiest interfaces, and even beginners can make use of it and come out with the sounds they wish. It also comes with 100 preset programs, and they cater to metal, pop, rock and blues attributes. It also has another unique Stomp Lap IIG features. This helps to provide 103 varieties of modeling effects
Each modeling result has a sound engine which has the best of distilled properties. It also permits you to edit and save 20 programs of your own.
- It offers the best of sounds.
- It is great looking with quality metal bodies
- It is ergonomically designed and easy to handle.
- It lacks tap tempo option as far as delay is concerned.
- The adapters have to bough separately which adds to the cost a bit.
9. Zoom G3X – Guitar Effects and Amplifier Simulator with Expression Pedal
Amongst the many features, this model comes with three large sized LCDs. Additionally, it also has some other features too. Let us look at a few of them.
It has a highly intuitive amp coupled with stompbox interface. The built-in expression pedal is another big takeaway. The 22 amp or 94 stomp box allows use in different combination. It is one of the few devices with looper functions. It is capable of offering 40 seconds of overdubbing and phrase recording
It comes with 100 inbuilt DSP effects. The integrated drum machine and auto chromatic tuner are also attributed worth mentioning. It comes with options to store to 100 original tunes.
- It offers one of the best-balanced XLR outputs.
- It also offers selectable modes for DI use.
- It is capable of six hours of operation with the help of 4 AA batteries and USB bus power.
- Frankly speaking there is nothing negative about this product except perhaps the price tag.
There are reasons to believe that it is one of the best brands and models of guitar effects pedal in the market today.
There are some reasons why it is different from others. To begin with, it comes with 14 amp models and 75 effects making it extremely versatile and broad based. It allows the use of 5 effects simultaneously. It also has 100 memory locations, and the built-in expression pedal helps the users to try out additional effects quite quickly.
It offers 68 rhythm patterns. The onboard chromatic tuner along with Looper also is an excellent attribute for this product. It has separate input jack which can be connected to the guitar. It runs on 4 AA batteries or with AC adapter. The battery life is around 20 hours.
- It has perhaps the best tool box.It takes care of distortion, phrasing, compression, overdrive and much more.It has technology which makes effects chaining quite easy.
- It is not possible to delete a part of the loop once it has been recorded.The absence of ready to use direct power supply is a downside according to a few customers.
We are sure that the above ten reviews will certainly help customers to have a reasonably good idea about the various attributes that should be looked into before buying these devices. Apart from the above, there are a number of other brands and devices too. If you are still keen on broad basing your search, you will do better to spend some time on the internet and have a look at a few mores brands and models. However, you must not compromise on quality in your pursuit of competitive pricing.
How To Identify The Best Devices
Given the fact that these devices play a big role it is important that we identify the right location from where the best of these pedaling device can be bought. There are literally endless numbers of online stores, and additionally, we also come across a number of brick and mortar stores. Hence our objective should be to make the right choice based on the options available with us. They are available in different price ranges and therefore choosing the right stomp-boxes could be a difficult task.
While some come with multi-effect sections which help in experimentation there are others which come with simple straightjacket features. The onus lies on you to select the right one based on specific needs and requirements and of course the budgets you have in mind. If you wish to create your own sounds, then it makes sense to go in for the pedals for experienced users. On the other hand, it might be a good decision to try and choose the best guitar multi effects pedals for beginners.
Are you looking for the best electric guitar multi-effects? You are on the right track here. You might have been seeking the best product to fit with your skills and your wonderful electric guitar. For this reason, of course, we have done our deliberate research and list down the top ten best electric guitar multi-effects below for you. CHECK IT OUT!
Here is a list of top 10 best electric guitar multi-effects you should buy
1. Zoom 505 II Multi-effects Electric Guitar Pedal
Featuring a sleek new design, easy analog operation, nine powerful new guitar effects, and amp modeling, the 505 II Guitar takes the world’s most popular compact multi-effect guitar pedal to a new standard of performance. The 505 II’s molded chassis with its sleek, flowing lines and Silver finish offers a stylish appearance that’s built to last.
Extremely durable space-age plastic and a flat control surface take the worry out of carrying it in the same case with other gear. World-famous guitar amp sounds created using Zoom’s proprietary VAMS (Variable Architecture Modeling System) technology. A large rotary selector, easy-to-read red LED display, and foot switches Sounds can be easily stored in up to 36 patch locations. ZNR (Zoom Noise Reduction) 28 hours of continuous operation with four size AA alkaline batteries plus AC operation A rear panel input for an expression pedal Integrated auto chromatic tuner and more.
The features of this product include New distortion effects including Clean, Scream, Wild, and Shred; New modulation effects such as Cry, Tremolo, Ring Modulation, Slow Attack and Echo. A total of 33 guitar effects, arranged in seven modules. Up to nine effects can be used at the same time. 12 different types of smooth, rich distortion sound
2. NUX MG-100 Electric Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal Processor EFX AMP EQ Mixer
The MG-100 has so many features, it’s hard to name them all. But, here we can list: 13 classic amp models via NUX’s TS/AC technology, vintage 3-band passive EQ modeling for every amp model, 6-band graphic EQ designed specifically for electric guitar (120hz, 250hz, 750hz, 1.6khz, 3.2khz, 6.4khz), 11 cabinet models, seamless and quick preset switching , loop sounds can be played with drum machine, rhythm beat synchronously.
The aux-in jack makes it easy to practice along with MP3, CDs, and other inputs. Large color TFT LCD panel (160 x128), graphic interface making the overall operation easy and intuitive. A total of 72 presets, 36 factories + 36 user presets. This product’s features are: A total of 58 effects; up to 8 can be used simultaneously, Up to 40 seconds phrase loop with sound on sound adds more playability, Built-in drum machine with CD quality PCM sounds, Large color TFT LCD panel (160 x128), graphic interface making the overall operation easy and intuitive, Six AA/LR6 alkaline batteries all up to 8 hours of continuous use
3. Zoom G1Xon Guitar Effects Pedal with Expression Pedal
Live your performance that extra touch of control with Zoom’s G1Xon. It provides 100 great-sounding multi-effects and includes a built-in expression pedal, perfect for increasing overdrive, changing volume, or adding wah-wah or filtering to make your guitar sing. The G1Xon allows you to use up to 5 effects simultaneously, plus there’s a built-in chromatic tuner, a Lopper, and 68 rhythm accompaniments.
The G1Xon not only allows you to select and edit any of its onboard effects, it enables you to use up to 5 of them simultaneously, chained together in any order you like. This kind of power and flexibility means that you can create rich, complex effects within G1Xon itself instead of having to use multiple pedals. You’ve never heard so many great-sounding effects from a single pedal.
The G1Xon provides 80 different effects types, organized into 100 patches. These include distortion, overdrive, compression, phasing, flanging, chorus, tremolo, ring modulator, harmonizer, vibrato, reverb, and delay, plus special expression pedal effects and amp models—even an acoustic guitar simulator.
Its features are: Built-in expression pedal for overdrive, volume control, wah-wah, or filtering, onboard chromatic tuner and Lopper, 68 rhythm patterns, Separate input jacks for connection of guitar and personal music player, plus an output jack that can be used with amplifier or headphones, Runs on 4 AA batteries or optional AC adapter, with alkaline battery life of 20 hours
4. DigiTech RP55 Guitar Multi-Effects Processor
Small package, big punch. Introducing the all-new RP55. Equipped with 11 Amp Models and 20 Studio Quality Effects, up to 8 effects can be used at once for unimagined tonal possibilities. The RP55 is the easiest RP product to use; just simply dial up your choice of amps and preset effects settings with no deep parameter settings.
All settings come from years of experience with the pros. Professional tone have been made easy by this products. The RP55 uses with AudioDNA™ DSP chip to produce effects and amps that are studio-class. Add 24-bit A/D/A conversion so that no frequency response is lost between inputs and outputs.
Also included is a drum machine with 30 patterns and an easy-to-use 13-LED chromatic tuner. Whether you’re just starting in your quest for tone or need many choices, the RP55 fits your needs. Small package, big punch. This would be a kind of product you might consider buying due to its outstanding appearance and reasonable price.
5. DigiTech RP360 Guitar Multi-Effect with USB Streaming
The RP360 is a complete 360 Degree solution for your guitar effect needs. The RP360 guitar multi-effect processor has over 160 different effects (54 amps, 26 cabinets, 82 effects) inspired by world’s best-selling pedals and iconic amps. The RP360 puts a world of new and amazing guitar effects at your feet for you to explore.
Along with the incredible selection of effects, the RP360 has a 40-second looper, nearly 200 presets, USB port, configurable footswitch modes, built-in tuner; dedicated headphone jack, Sound Check and 60 built in drum tracks. You can add up to 8 effects to each preset. The RP360 has a USB port for transferring and loading presets from your computer.
With nearly 200 onboard presets and Nexus, DigiTech’s free preset editor and librarian software, you can create, transfer, and share an unlimited number of tones. The USB port also allows you to record your guitar tracks directly to your computer. The RP360 works with Garage Band, Pro Tools, Cubase, Able ton, and virtually every other recording software for Mac or PC. The RP360 is versatile with 3 different footswitch modes. Incorporate the RP360 into your existing pedalboard using stompbox mode where you can assign any effect in your preset to each footswitch. If you choose to use the RP360 by itself, easily navigate through your presets in preset mode or bank mode.
Extend your control of the RP360 with a 3-button footswitch or expression pedal. The 3-button footswitch can be set-up to extend the control of the onboard looper or navigate through your banks and presets. Using an expression pedal you’ll engage real time control of an effect in your preset including the iconic Whammy pedal.
6. Digitech RP500 Guitar Multi-Effects Switching System & USB Recording Interface
The RP500 takes the complexity of an effect switching system and combines it with the simplicity of stompboxes. Full arsenals of tones are at your disposal, all easily controlled. Enable the Pedalboard Mode button and instantly use the 5 footswitches to turn the RP500’s stompboxes and effects on and off within a program. The RP500’s Preset Mode gives you instant access to 5 totally different sounds with the single press of a footswitch (100 presets total across 20 different banks). The RP500 features a 20-second looper.
Simply play, loop, change tones then overdub. It’s that easy. If you are in the market for a multi-FX pedal/stompbox then you have to try it out. This pedal is amazing! Many user have reported that they have written many pieces using the various tones and effects and they all come through superbly! This pedal is built to last! Solid design followed up by quality components. I am sure this pedal will last for a lifetime. You won’t be sorry!
7. VOX STOMPLAB1G Modeling Guitar Floor Multi-Effects Pedal
The Vox Stomp Lab series of effect pedals, of which the Stomp Lab IG modeling guitar pedal is a part of, are impressive new contenders that pack powerful sounds into compact and sophisticated looking metal bodies. Sound variations are categorized by styles, such as rock, blues, and ballad, making it easy for even novice users to recall the desired sound.
With high-quality looks, plus its high quality sound, the Stomp Lab series will be a great companion for the guitarist or bassist for years to come. Multi-effects units contain an incredibly diverse array of sounds that range from distorted to clean, and the sheer number of these sounds can be staggering. Although having a large number of sounds is a great advantage, it can also overwhelm the novice user, causing difficulty or confusion.
The Stomp Lab series is designed to be easily usable, even by novice players. Since each program is named with a musical style, such as rock, blues, or metal. You’ll be able to find the perfect sound without being concerned with specific effect names. The musical styles are categorized into ten types, and cover everything from straight-ahead traditional styles to quirky, unusual sounds. There are ten variations for each category, so you’re sure to find sounds you like.
8. DigiTech ELMT Electric Guitar Multi Effect Pedal
Your journey to create the perfect guitar tone starts with the new DigiTech Element guitar multi-effect pedal. The Element gives guitar players everything they need to explore guitar tones and discover their own sound. The Element has 31 different pedals, 12 amps, and 9 speaker cabinets to choose from, a guitar tuner, and dedicated headphone jack so you can play all night long without waking the neighbors. Every Element XP comes with a power supply so you won’t have to waste your money on batteries.
With 100 factory presets to build from, you can create and save up to 100 more custom presets as you go. Kick on one of the 45 different drum tracks to play to jam to, with the touch of a button. The Element is a compact and powerful multi-effect processor. Using a simple pedalboard style layout and editor you can quickly adjust the settings to fit your style.
With more the 52 different effects to choose from, the hours flying by as you explore and discover the incredible power and tone of the Element. The Tone Bank and FX Bank each have 20 different tone and effects combinations so you can quickly and easily get any sound you want. It’s like having a music store at your disposal.
When you need some drums to play along with, choose from one of the 45 different drum and rhythm tracks. You can set the tempo to match you. The Element features 1/4″ a guitar input along with stereo 1/4″ output jack that can be connected to either an amplifier or mixer for direct recording with a press of the Amp/Mixer mode that engages the internal speaker cabinets for direct recording. The Element has a dedicated headphone jack for practicing purposes and an Aux In to jam along with your favorite songs.
9. Digitech Element XP Guitar Floor Processor Multi-Effects Pedal w/ (2) 10′ Guitar Cables
Get a massive collection of effects and amp models all in one pedal with this package for the Digitech Element XP. This pedal features 38 effects like delay, distortion and chorus as well as 12 different amp models and 9 speaker cabinet models. There’s even a built-in drum machine with 45 patterns you can use to jam or practice with.
They have also included two 10 ft. instrument cables for connecting your guitar to the pedal and connecting the pedal to an amplifier.
Buying this product you will also get some benefit such as 10ft. Instrument Cables to connect your guitar to the Element XP, Sonic Sense One-Year Extended Warranty Adds One Year to Manufacturer’s Warranty. This is a one good looking guitar multi-effect that you could have asked for. You can actually use it as a gift for your friend or family or just get one yourself to become awesome at your electric guitar skills.
10. Nux MG-20 Electric Modeling Guitar Multi-Effects Floor Guitar Effects with Drum Machine and Looper Function
The guitar modeling processor is the floor guitar processor with 32bit float point DSP equipped and true simulation of analog circuits (TSAC) technology. Up to 60 models, 40’s loop, sample-based drum machine and MP3/WAV player, sophisticated user interface and big colorful LCD display, the guitar modeling processor is the PRO solution for the guitarist who wants to nice tone and function.
The multi-purpose CTL pedal allows you to switch effects on and off, boost volume for solo, tap the delay time and modulation speed, or play/stop backing track with an extensional pedal and the built-in expression pedal, you are going to have superb control on stage.
Lots of possibilities. With the USB port, you are able to update the system and edit tone on your computer.
After going through all the top ten products that have been listed, we believe that there must be one or two guitar multi-effects that caught your attention or probably you have to learn and understand more about the function and advantages of different products. Hopefully, you can make the right decision purchasing one of these products that fit you the most. Good luck!